Sweet Potato and Steak Stack with Mexiqueso sauce
The Mexican flavours in our Cracker Barrel® 4 Cheese Mexiqueso Cheese Sauce make any dish extraordinary. Try this recipe next time you want a little twist to your Mexican repertoire.
- 1 package Cracker Barrel® Mexiqueso Cheese Sauce – prepared as per package directions
- tbsp (15 mL) Lactancia (salted or unsalted butter)
- 1 ½ cup (350 mL) Lactancia milk
- tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced into 4 lengthwise planks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup (60 mL) red onion, sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut into thick slices
- 1 8-10 oz. strip-loin steak
- 1 tsp (5 mL) montreal or tex-mex steak spice
- ½ lime
- cilantro sprigs
sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F (200° C). Cut sweet potato into 4 length-wise planks. Cut peppers into chunks. Toss sweet potato and peppers in half of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Prepare Cracker Barrel® 4 Mexiqueso Cheese Sauce as per package directions, and set aside keeping it warm.
- Season steak with spices and lime juice. Grill on barbeque or sauté on pan with remaining olive oil, until desired amount of doneness is achieved. Allows steak to sit for 5 – 10 minutes, then slice into thin strips.
- To achieve the stack, divide all elements into four portions. For each stack, start with a sweet potato plank, followed by chunks of peppers, red onion slices, avocado slices, then strips of steak. Ladle on the Cracker Barrel® 4 Mexiqueso Cheese Sauce and garnish with cilantro sprigs.