Pesto & Prosciutto Pizza
Bring your pizza experience to a whole new level with the addition of Cracker Barrel Signature Extra Old & Mozza Shredded Cheese. Topped with some special, yet simple ingredients, this pesto and prosciutto pizza is a unique twist to an Italian classic.
- 1 cup (250 mL) Cracker Barrel Signature Extra Old & Mozza Shredded Cheese
- ½ lb (250 g) pizza dough
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) corn meal
- ¾ cup (185 mL) basil pesto
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 slices prosciutto, torn
- ¼ cup (65 mL) sliced black olives
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) arugula
- Preheat oven to 450° F (235° C). On a work surface, sprinkle and spread out the corn meal. Divide the pizza dough into 4 portions and roll out and shape each into a rectangle.
- Spread pesto over each crust, leaving a small border around the edges. Sprinkle each crust Cracker Barrel Signature Extra Old & Mozza Shredded Cheese, then top with cherry tomatoes, torn prosciutto pieces and black olives.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until crust has desired amount of browning and cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and garnish with freshly chopped herbs and arugula.