Cubano Jack Melt
With Monterey Jack cheese and pickled jalapeño peppers, this zesty take on a classic Cubano sandwich is accented with a double hint of jalapeño flavour.
- 4 Cracker Barrel Monterey Jack with Jalapeño Slices
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) yellow mustard
- 4 slices egg bread
- 2 slices ham
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) pulled pork
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pickled jalapeño slices, drained
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter, softened
- Spread mustard over 2 slices of bread; top each with cheese slice, ham, pulled pork, pickled jalapeño slices and another cheese slice. Spread mayonnaise over remaining slices of bread; cap sandwiches. Butter outside of sandwiches.
- Preheat panini press according to manufacturer’s instructions. In two batches, grill sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.