Smoked Cheddar Stuffed Meatloaf
Loaded with smoked Cheddar, this ultimate meatloaf is moist, juicy and extra cheesy!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated onion
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Montreal-style steak spice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs (625 g) lean ground beef
- 1 Cracker Barrel Smoked Cheddar Block (340 g)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In large bowl, stir together eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, 2 tbsp (30 mL) barbecue sauce, tomato paste, parsley, chili powder, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, steak spice, salt and pepper until combined. Stir in ground beef until well combined.
- Press half the mixture into greased 8 x 4-inch (20 x 10 cm) loaf pan. Trim 1/2-inch (1 cm) slice widthwise from Cheddar block; reserve for topping.
- Nestle remaining Cheddar block flat in meat mixture in pan. Press in remaining meat mixture, enclosing Cheddar in centre. Brush top with remaining barbecue sauce. Shred reserved Cheddar and sprinkle on top of loaf.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown, cooked through, no longer pink and instant-read thermometer registers 160°F (74°C) when inserted into thickest part of loaf.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Substitute ground beef with ground turkey or ground pork if preferred.
Add leftover meatloaf to grilled cheese sandwiches, mac ’n’ cheese and burritos.