Chicken & Cheese Tostadas
Chicken and cheese over a crispy tortilla make for a flavourful and simple recipe. Ready to eat in 20 minutes, this Chicken and Cheese Tostada recipe is a dream!
- 6 small flour tortillas
- 1 pkg. (35 g) taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tomatoes, chopped, divided
- 1-1/4 cups Cracker Barrel Shredded Mozza-Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- PLACE tortillas in single layer on baking sheet; spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tsp. seasoning mix. Bake 7 to 8 min. or until tortillas are crisp and golden brown.
- MEANWHILE, bring chicken, remaining seasoning mix and water to boil in large skillet on medium-high heat, stirring frequently; simmer on medium-low heat 5 min. or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally. Add 1-1/2 cups tomatoes; stir. Cook 5 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- SPOON chicken mixture onto tortillas; top with remaining cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and cilantro.
Keeping it Safe
Cutting boneless skinless chicken breasts into pieces can be a slippery task. Make it safer and prevent the knife from slipping by cutting the chicken while it is partially frozen. The firmer chicken is much easier to cut and handle.
Garnish with sliced green onions before serving.