Poached Eggs with Cheddar and Pesto Sandwiches
Level up your brunch game with this open-face poached eggs sandwich. Trust us, it’ll be worth it.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white vinegar
- 4 eggs, cold
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) basil pesto
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices ham
- 2 jarred roasted peppers, halved and patted dry
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cracker Barrel Block – Old Cheddar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat broiler. Fill saucepan with enough water to come 3 inches (8 cm) up side of pan; stir in vinegar and bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Break each egg into small dish or saucer; gently slip into simmering water, one at a time. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 3 to 4 minutes for soft yolks and firm whites, or until cooked as desired.
- Remove eggs with slotted spoon; drain well on paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread pesto over each toasted English muffin half; place on foil-lined baking sheet. Top with ham, roasted red peppers and poached eggs. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil for 2 to 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Sprinkle with chives.
Add arugula or sautéed spinach to the sandwiches if desired.