- 1 cup (250 mL) milk, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) melted butter, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
Cheese, Ham and Egg Filling
- 2 cups (500 mL) Cracker Barrel Swiss Au Gratin Shredded Cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 6 slices ham
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- Crêpes: In blender, combine milk, flour, eggs, 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter and salt until smooth; strain if necessary. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Heat 10-inch (25 cm) nonstick skillet over medium heat; brush with some of the remaining butter. Pour 1/3 cup (75 mL) batter into pan, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Cook for about 1 minute or until crêpe begins to curl around edges. Turn and cook for about 30 seconds or until set. Repeat with remaining batter to make 6 large crêpes, brushing pan with butter as needed.
- Cheese, Ham and Egg Filling: Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Melt butter in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; break eggs into skillet. Cover and cook for about 2 minutes or until egg whites are almost set but yolks are still very runny (they will continue to cook in oven).
- Spread each crêpe with mustard; top each with 2 tbsp (30 mL) cheese, egg and ham. Fold edges of crepe over filling, enclosing filling to make package. Place seam side down on greased parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and egg whites are set but yolks still a little runny. Arrange on serving plate and sprinkle with chives.
Crêpes can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 48 hours in airtight container.