- ½ cup (125 mL) Cracker Barrel® 3 Cheese Pizza Shredded Cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) flour
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) flour, reserved, for working dough on counter
- 3 tsp (15 mL) baking powder
- ½ cup (125 mL) frozen butter, shredded
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) buttermilk, yogurt, or sour cream
- 8 cherry tomatoes cut into thin rings
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano, dried
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Italian parsley, fresh, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Cracker Barrel® 3 Cheese Pizza Shredded Cheese, reserved
- Cut cherry tomatoes into thin rings and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Shred the frozen butter and combine with the flour mixture.
If you don’t have a pastry cutter to combine the butter, use a fork or a knife to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it becomes pea-sized pieces.
- Pour the buttermilk over the dough mixture.
Then add the shredded cheese.
Mix together lightly until everything is combined and all areas of the dough feel moistened.
- Sprinkle counter or pastry board with 3 tbsp of flour and lightly dust your hands with flour.
Transfer dough onto the counter and with your hands, then press and shape the dough into an 8” disk.
If the dough feels sticky, add more flour to your hands and the counter as you work with the dough.
- After the dough is shaped into a disc, place it onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Place the cherry tomato rings on.
Top with the remaining cheese and sprinkle with oregano and freshly chopped parsley.
With a sharp knife, score the top of the disc in 8 sections.
- Place into a pre-heated 400° F (200° C) oven and bake for 25-35 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
Cut into 8 sections.
Serve warmed up with butter or red pepper jelly.