Pizza Pot Pie
With all the yummy flavours of pizza in pot pie form, this fusion dish will definitely wow your taste buds.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Cracker Barrel 3 Cheese Pizza Shred, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 lb (500 g) Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 lb (250 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pizza sauce
- 1 ball (650 g) refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 oz (60 g) pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Heat 4 tsp (20 mL) oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook sausage for 5 to 8 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to plate. Increase heat to medium-high; cook mushrooms, red pepper and onion for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Cool completely. Toss together mushroom mixture, sausage, pizza sauce and 1 cup (250 mL) cheese; set aside.
- Meanwhile, divide pizza dough into 2 portions. On lightly floured work surface, roll out one portion into 11-inch round (28 cm). Fit into bottom of 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Roll out remaining dough into 10-inch (25 cm) round. Spoon filling into pie plate. Cap with remaining rolled dough. Fold top edge of dough under bottom layer to seal edges together.
- Brush dough with remaining oil; top with pepperoni. Cut a few steam vents in top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbling.
Prepare and bake in jumbo muffin tins for individual portions.
Sprinkle with fresh basil before serving if desired.