- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1-3/4 cups Cracker Barrel Shredded Double Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- COOK pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- MEANWHILE melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions; cook 3 min. or until crisp-tender. Whisk in flour and pepper. Cook 2 min. or until bubbly. Gradually whisk in milk until blended. Cook on medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, whisking frequently. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes. Add 1-1/3 cups cheese; stir until melted.
- TOSS drained pasta with sauce. Pour into 1.5-L baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley. Cover and bake 15 min. or until heated through.
Try this recipe adding 2 cups blanched broccoli florets before baking.