Campfire Tex-Mex Queso Dip
Be the campfire hero with this flavourful, cheesy dip your friends and family are sure to love.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 3 cups (750 mL) Cracker Barrel Tex Mex Shredded Cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime zest
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) corn kernels
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pickled red onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- HEAT oil in large saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, rosemary and red pepper flakes for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- WHISK cream with cornstarch; stir into pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- ADD cheese; cook, stirring often, for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and well combined. Stir in lime zest, salt and pepper.
- TRANSFER mixture to serving dish. Garnish with corn kernels, tomato, picked red onion and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
If desired, top the dip with crispy chorizo sausage, green onion or bacon bits.