- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Cracker Barrel Mozza Cheddar Shreds, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 8 oz (250 g) fresh chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded kale leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C). Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook chorizo for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly browned. Stir in kale, garlic, salt and pepper; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until kale is wilted and sausage is cooked through. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, roll out dough into 12-inch (30 cm) round, about 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick. Transfer to lightly floured 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over dough, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border at edges. Top evenly with sausage and kale mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
Substitute spinach or dandelion greens for kale if preferred.
Serve pizza garnished with torn fresh basil if desired.