- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 4 slices Cracker Barrel Mozzarella Cheese Slices, halved
- 8 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- PREHEAT grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well.
- SCOOP out pulp from tomatoes; chop coarsely. Combine chopped tomatoes, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, salt, oregano and pepper; divide evenly among halved tomatoes. Top evenly with cheese slices.
- GRILL tomatoes for 8 to 10 minutes or until skin is lightly charred and starting to peel, and cheese is melted. Garnish with basil; drizzle with olive oil.
For added heat, add a sprinkle of chili flakes or drizzle with chili oil.